Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.
Qodban d’jaaj is the Moroccan name for this Moroccan version of Chicken Shish Kebab, Tawouk or Taouk. A succulent and tender Moroccan side dish, made from marinated chicken breast and usually barbequed over a coal fire.
This dish is traditionally served with a green salad, fries and you mustn't forget the Moroccan sweet tea ;)
Moroccan chicken qodban is a side dish that can be served with anything you want, but it can also be stir fried and mixed into a salad for a light lunch.
It must be marinated for at least 4 hours if not the whole night, this marinade is the same one used for the popular Moroccan chicken Tagine which you can find linked here: Coming soon
- 1 onion - diced small
- 1/2 small batch of Corriander - washed and chopped very finely.
- 1/2 small batch of Parsley - washed and chopped very finely.
- 2 Garlic Cloves - grated or minced
- Juice of 1 whole lemon -
- 1 tea spoon Salt to taste -
- 1/4 tea spoon Black pepper to taste -
- 1/2 tea spoon Ground Ginger powder -
- 1/2 tea spoon Ground Cinnamon -
- 1/2 tea spoon Safron powder - if you don't have safron you can use tumeric/haldi
- 2 large Chicken Breasts - washed in salt and vinegar then cut into cubes
- 1 table spoon Olive oil mixed with 1-2 table spoons of Normal cooking oil -
- Prepare the chicken breasts by washing and rubbing on some salt and vinegar, then set a side
- Prepare your seasoning and chop your onion, garlic, and greens
- Place the herbs and seasoning together with the lemon juice and oil into a mixing bowl then mix to form a marinade.
- Then the prepared chicken cubes and mix well until all the chicken is generously smothered
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 4hrs if not the whole night.
- When you're ready to cook it, you can either grill it, stir fry it, or partly oven bake before shallow frying if you don't have a BBQ.