Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Here we have a traditional Moroccan salad that serves great beside any meal.
I particularly enjoy it with Moroccan style fried fish, or something like smoked mackerel, or sometimes I add some tuna fish to the salad for the extra fish flavour.
By it's self it's suitable for vegetarians, vegans, paleo diet and it's a lower calorie potatoe dish if your a carb lover trying to cut down ;)
- 3-4 medium potatoes - washed & boiled in skin then peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 bowl of Green beans - fresh or frozen (snip off the ends and boil)
- 1 tsp of paprika - I like to use paprika but if you prefer you can use black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp of cumin -
- 1-2 tsp of salt to taste -
- handful of chopped onions - traditionally we use red or white onion but on this occasion I used green/spring onions
- handful of chopped parsley -
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon -
- 1-2 tblsp Moroccan Vinigar - white vinegar works just as well
- 2-3 tblsp olive oil - you can use more if needed
- Wash and boil the potatoes and fresh or frozen green beans until soft but not over done, we want them to maintain shape.
- When cooked remove the beans and leave the potatoes in cold water for a few mins for easy peeling.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small chunks and trim the ends of the green beans if not already trimmed then cut into 2cm pieces.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing 1 tsp of paprika, 1/2 tsp of cumin, 1-2 tsp of salt, handful of chopped onions, handful of chopped parsley, the lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil in a big mixing bowl. Add the hot potato and green beans to the dressing and mix well.
- This dish is best served cold and is always even tastier the next day ;)