This is a tasty traditional Moroccan everyday salad, found in almost every household rich and poor.
Cool, refreshing and served as a side dish with any savory meal, it's even great just by itself with some bread and tea ;)
- 5 Moroccan cucumbers - (small ones)
- 3-4 fresh Tomatoes -
- 1 small red onion -
- Moroccan vinegar to taste -
- 1 ts Salt to taste -
- 1 tblsp Olive Oil - (optional)
- 1 garlic clove grated - (optional)
- Wash and take off the ends of the cucumbers before grating coarsely or shredding. Don't use the remaining skin. Spread with some salt and leave to the side for about 30-40mins then drain from all the access water
- Wash and grate the tomatoes in the same way.
- Peel, wash and grate the red onion and garlic if you choose to use it.
- Then place in a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients before giving it a good mix.
- Transfer into a serving dish and garnish as you please.
- Best served cold ;)