This recipe is one of my kids favourites. It can be served just as it is with some Moroccan bread or pitta but it also goes really well on top of noodle rice or mixed in with pasta.
There's nothing like a real home cooked sauce, you know what is in it and there's no added junk that gives your brain a fake satisfying taste! This recipe is quick, wholesome and easy to prepare insha Allah.
- 6-7 fresh Tomatoes - peeled and chopped (or you can use 1 tinned)
- 1 whole onion & 1/2 green bell pepper - Washed & Chopped small
- 1/2 kg chicken minced meat -
- 1/2 batch of fresh Coriander - Washed & Chopped small
- 2 cloves of Garlic - grated, crushed or minced
- 2 tblsp Olive oil -
- 1 tsp Salt to taste -
- 1 tsp sugar - (to even out the sourness of the tomatoes)
- 2-3 fresh green chillies (chopped) or peeper to taste - (optional if you like it spicey)
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon - (also optional, it's a Moroocan thing to always use lemon with chicken ;)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan before adding the chopped onions, stir fry the onions until brown
- Add the minced chicken slowly as you brake it up and continue to stir until browned
- Add the seasoning, herbs and chopped pepper then stir well before adding the chopped tomatoes
- Cover your pan and leave on a medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked
- If your pan starts to dry out before your sauce is done you can add some water to make it the right consistency.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and garnish with some fresh chopped coriander and homemade bread ;)