Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
These delicious filled biscuits are very popular in Morocco and are a famous pick for any party and special occasion. It is a very well known and tasty combination of tangy fruit, smooth custard and fluffy whipped cream that boasts all unique flavors together in a crumbly sweet biscuit cup.
- Fresh Strawberries - washed and sliced
- Fresh kiwi or Grapes - washed and sliced
- Fresh or tinned Peach - peeled and sliced
- Custard Powder - (any brand)
- Milk - (to make the custard with)
- Whipping cream -
- Sprinkles or chocolate for garnish -
- For the Biscuit Base
- 250g Butter - softened
- 140g caster sugar -
- 1 egg yolk -
- 2 tsp vanilla extract -
- 300g plain flour -
- First make your biscuit dough by mixing the softened butter and caster sugar in a large bowl with a spoon, then add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and briefly beat to combine.
- Sift over plain flour and stir until the mixture is well combined, I usually use my hands for this to give everything a really good mix and press the dough together.
- Roll out the dough so that it is about 1cm thick and then using a round biscuit cutter, cut out as many circles as possible.
- Place the dough circles into a greased cupcake tin and shape well into the cups
- Make some balls from tinned foil paper and place them into each biscuit cup so that it keeps its shape while baking.
- Bake for about 15mins on a medium heat or until light brown in colour.
- Let cool and make the custard according to its directions and fill the biscuit cups about 1/3 way up.
- Place in the fridge to cool for a while and begin to whisk your whipping cream.
- You can either pipe or spoon fill your cream into the cups and then decorate or place your cut up chosen fruits as your please on top of the cream.
- Finally, you can garnish with sprinkles or grated milk chocolate.
- Keep refrigerated until just before serving.
- Note: If you want to pre make everything the night before or quite some time before serving then leave the fruit part until the end or it will dry and wrinkle (unless you are glazing it with some gelatin)