This is a traditional Arabic potatoe Salad often served in most Arabic restaurants and parties. It's always been one of my favorites, being a potatoe lover I'm always looking for new ways to serve and cook potatoes. This salad is a brilliant side dish to any meal and I also serve it along side other green salads. It can be served hot or cold and even pre prepared the day before for when your expecting guests the next day.
- 4-5 Potatoes - peeled, chopped to medium sized cubes
- 1/2 fresh lemon (juice) -
- 1/2 tsp Salt -
- 2 Green Chillis - chopped or you can use 2-3 tsp crushed red chilli
- 1/2 Red Pepper - chopped in largely
- 1 Handfull chopped parsly -
- 1 tbsp Olive oil -
- 1 tbsp normal vegtable oil - (you can add more if needed)
- 2 Garlic Cloves - Grated
- 1 tsp Paprika - (optional)
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes into medium sized cubes and then lightly deep fry until just turned brown then put aside
- In a large frying pan or wok, add the 2 oils along with the grated garlic, lemon juice and seasoning
- When it has heated and started to sizzle slightly add the chopped pepper & chilli and stir until slightly softened
- Then turn off the heat and add your fried potatoes and parsley before stirring it thoroughly until juices have mixed around the potatoes nicely.
- Leave to stand for at least 10-15 minutes so that the potatoe can absorb the marinade and flavour.